Part-time Paramedication

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Raining!

It's finally fall in Vancouver, and that means that it is rainy season!
I, personally, love the rain. This dreary, damp, wet weather makes me so happy. I think I have opposite SADS.

Ryan and I finally made it to church together this last Sunday for the first time since June. My work schedule has been so random and with working so much I haven't been able to commit to going to church. We went to an Anglican church in Vancouver and it was actually pretty good. Before you get all sketched out I'll tell you that this church is leading the part of the Anglican church that is trying very hard to stick to it's orthodox roots.
I'm not normally a fan of liturgical services but this one was very good. The pastor was from England and gave a very good sermon on Jesus' first miracle.
Also, the acoustics in the church were incredible! The choir was placed at the back of the sanctuary up in a loft-like balcony thing. When the congregation was singing the hymns, the choir added the harmonies and the sound echoed in the entire place with an almost haunting beauty; it almost brought me to tears!
Although the service was very traditional and we read almost the whole thing (prayers and such) off of a piece of paper (which I'm not normally a fan of either), it was filled with more emotion than some of the more 'rowdy' evangelical services I have been to.
Perhaps we will go back one day?

Paramedic tip of the day:
If your leg is broken, you will probably know it. Bruising does not = broken.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Michael LaRoy said…

    so do you have the HAPPIES?

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger raych said…

    i'm glad at least ONE of us is happy. and i'm glad you got to go to church with your mannie. but are you SURE bruising doesn't = broken, cause i hit my shin REAL hard...

     
  • At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    biggot

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Robyn Bishop said…

    So, apparently part of my post was taken the wrong way. I do sincerely apologize. So as not to offend anyone else inadvertently, I edited it. But please know that the view of the Anglican church is not necessarily my own. I've only been there once!
    Also, if you're going to insult me in a cowardly anonymous way, at least check your spelling.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger alan.schram said…

    I <3 the rain as well. Makes me giggle with glee.

    I'm starting to become more and more a fan of the Orthodox church. There's something beautiful about attending a church who's roots reach back hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years. It's comforting.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Michael LaRoy said…

    I'm a little curious: since when does having a view different from another's make one a bigot?

    big‧ot  [big-uht] Pronunciation Key
    –noun
    a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

    Clearly then, whomever decided to label you, is actually him- or herself, bigoted. Oh, the irony. Way to go, anonymous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home