Part-time Paramedication

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fungus?

Does anyone else ever feel neglected by their GP Doctors?
I have this spot of skin on my tummy that is about dime sized and a funny reddish colour and so I asked one doctor about it.
Sun spot he said, keep an eye on it, should be ok.

Ok, I thought, but the next time I was at the doctors and saw someone else you better bet I asked about it again.
Fungus, here I'll give you a perscription for some cream.
Ewwwww fungus???

But seriously, I have my doubts... cuz these doctors just glance at the spot and form their conclusion almost instantaneously! No questions are asked like, 'how long has this been there' or 'does it itch' or 'is it getting bigger' or anything...
I feel as if my little red spot needs to be properly diagnosed... I don't want to go around putting fungus cream on everything you know?
Maybe I should poll 100 walk in clinic doctors and see what the majority say.
Am I being paranoid? I don't know...
Maybe I just don't want to admit that I have anything to do with fungus.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Michael LaRoy said…

    Always get a second (and third) opinion on things such as this - you don't really want to mess around with stuff like that. Besides, if you DO have fungus, I just might have to slag off for good!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Nater said…

    Probably the best thing to do is to call the doctor with your cell phone while outside his house and then refuse to let him treat you.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger chelsea rae said…

    r u coming to camp???? we are still waiting for a phone cal...let us know as soon as you can...it's this sunday till saturday and we all wanna see your new bass!!!
    love shanghai

     

Post a Comment

<< Home