Part-time Paramedication

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Not quite literary genious...

So, I have noticed that there is a growing trend in literary genious sweeping the blogging world. As I have been 'blog hopping' I have seen an increase in deeper thoughts, more pressing issues and more articulate text. The pressure for us under-educated-with-only-a-diploma-and/or-certificate folk is immense. I, for one, am feeling crushed with the pressure to perform and create a more articulate blog than the last.

But, I don't think I'm going to do that.

Instead, here is a picture of my new blender!

And my rubber plant, which is thriving having grown 2 new leaves! It's the first house plant that I have had that I haven't killed!

Perhaps one day I'll venture in to the more literary relm and attempt to create something more meaningful and interesting. But give me a break, I just got off working 4 night shifts in a row and I like my new blender and rubber plant. So, now you are forced to look at them too. And although I can't make you like them, look at them in all their majesty.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Michael LaRoy said…

    Hey, don't worry about being overly articulate, just be yourself. I wonder if those with 'more' education than you (and don't diminish what you DO have, which is a heck of a lot more than many of us) are attempting to 'make up' for something by flexing all their academic muscles at once. If you're thought provoking, then you're thought provoking, whether you try or not. A blog such as yours is a breath of fresh air - quirky and funny. I'd rather have that than be overly verbose! I love the new blender, by the way. I hope it doesn't leak like the old one! Keep it up. How's the new paint job?

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Dr. Coopernicus Who said…

    my blog is nowhere near thought-provoking. which is weird, cause i like to ponder the essence of life. but, its more fun this way.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger alan.schram said…

    What's verbose mean?

    I like to blog about the random thoughts that are in my head. I like blogs about plants. I also like blogs about blenders. This one time, I almost bought a blender, but then I didn't. Cause seriously, I don't blend anything, ever. Except literary metaphors.

    Anyways, I like your blog. Just don't stop, whatever you do.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Michael LaRoy said…

    Oh, and not to be anal or anything, but I'm sure you're aware my name has a big R in the last name. Feel free to adjust your links on the right side of your blog! Thanks.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Tabby said…

    Robyn

    This is tabby, i am so excited i found your blog!!
    Your blender is much cooler than mine, actually its not really mine, its my roomates...
    Well, until next time

    tabby
    Rexy for President

     

Post a Comment

<< Home