Part-time Paramedication

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Calgary

So, I just got back from Calgary. My mom and I suprised my brother with a visit for his birthday. He is a-studying-very-hard at the University of Calgary taking a BFA in acting. I had the privilege of attending one of his third year acting courses while I was there. I have to say, it was a lot like high school drama class except more structured and a lot less ADD. I got to see a play that my brother was in called Baal which was ridiculously artsy but quite enjoyable, especially the second time around when the lead actor's fly was down for the entire first act. I had to sit back and laugh and laugh... it was unintented, but how very artsy.

Being at the U of C stirred up many fond memories of my time at college and at the academy. Part of me wishes that I could still be a student and then I wonder...why? What would I take? I really would want to be there just for the sake of learning. When I decided to go to Bible College after high school people sometimes asked me why I would waste my smarts by going there when I could be a doctor or a lawyer or whatever I wanted. Do I think my 'smarts' were wasted? No way. Not only did I learn so much at CBC about myself and my faith, but I also met my wonderful husband. Sometimes God leads you places and at the time it may seem like it makes no sense.

I do, however, feel that I need more education, that I could definitely stand to learn more. And, I think that if one ever thinks that they can't possibly learn any more, they have surely lost their mind because one should always be ready and willing to learn more; learning is what makes us better.

My paramedic course was only 8 months. Hopefully, in the future, God will open doors to allow me to learn more and advance in my profession. For that and many other blessings, I eagerly await. I find even here where I am now, I really do learn something new every day. I don't think I've ever been more content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home