Part-time Paramedication

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Mundane Life

Okay, Rachel, here is another post just for you.
Really, the reason I haven't posted in a while is, well, nothing much is exciting... I am not in Thailand, or Hawaii, or maintaining my own newly bought house, or preparing for camp.
Ummm.... so here is a list of mundane things going on right now:

1. My mom is redoing the floors in her house and she painted her bedroom purple and black. We had steak last weekend with my parents. Yummy.

2. I worked the stat holiday and got double pay, hooray for the trambulance (that is a clever combination of the words 'transfer' and 'ambulance' for those of you who don't know. And they say paramedics aren't clever. Well, we are. So slag off.).

3. I am once again in Madeira Park, but THIS time, with a stove! Delicious stove... However when I got here at4 the landlords were painting the shack. They said they would be done soon. Fine I said, and came to hang out in the station. 4 hours and a hungry grumbly tummy later, they were gone. All I wanted to do was use that new stove. Also, my partner just recently bought a tub of ice cream and said 'help yourself.' I don't know if he realizes the dangers of this invitation.

4. Ryan and I have been married 2 months today! And also Ryan hates blogs. Any mention of blogs or blogging and he gets very angry. Like, genuinely angry. I think it's hilarious how he is mad at something that he can't take his anger out on and so he just fumes in his own rage for a while. But I dare not laugh and it is so hard.

5. Disclaimer: Nate Ramer is also one of the coolest guys I know. (Happy Nate?)

In the not so mundane. we airlifted two cyclists off the sunshine coast highway yesterday who got hit by a car. There is nothing quite like seeing a helicopter land and take off on the freeway and know that you are making a difference by helping these two boys (who will be fine by the way, but have a long road to recovery). I love this job.

I think I better go check on that ice cream.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger raych said…

    robbie-bird
    i will laugh at ryan hating blogs for you if you will check on that ice cream for me (ice cream is MEGA expensive here, as is coffee...i have to choose one, and you know where my loyalties lie). i love you dearly, my un-dane one, my saver of lives and sprayer-downer of firemen (your life is BORING? hardly.)
    thanks for the pity post. today is my day off, and i'm taking my boyses to see pirates of the carribean. mmmmmm, johnny depp.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Nater said…

    Validation! How sweet it is. No longer shall I be the butt of all blogging references to "that guy" that no one ever mentions in their blog. Look out world, I am a new man now.

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger alan.schram said…

    Your use of the word "slag" made me giggle in delight.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home